This life changing program is fully funded by the Trinity Family Support Network. It’s held for one evening each week over 8 weeks and gives Dads the tools, skills, insights and support to become better fathers for their children, partners, mates and community.
Weekly Dad’s Workshop
for Fathers of Children aged 0 to 8
WHAT DOES THE 8 WEEK PROGRAM COVER?
- Learn some simple yet really effective parenting tools
- Having a support network and good mates for fun activities with the kids
- Healthy Dad Boundaries – when to address challenging behaviours and when to let it go
- Dealing with frustration – respond or react – it’s your choice
- Learn from other Dads also sharing similar challenges to you
- The Oxygen Mask Rule – when to care for yourself first so as to better care for others
- Understanding kids, connecting and parenting styles
- Special Dads for Special Needs Kids – All kids are special
- Have a “Flight Simulator” where you can practice new approaches and skills – a safe environment where nobody gets hurt
- Blended, Separated or Nuclear families – different styles of fathering